Fruits and Vegetables for Beauty
* Astringent lotion - Blanch a small peach, remove its stone and grind and squeeze out its juice. Add to it onefourth teaspoon each of lime and tomato juice. Mix well and spread on your face and neck and leave on for 15 minutes.
* Cucumber tonic - Grate and squeeze out juice from a small cucumber and mix in one-fourth teaspoon each of lime juice and rose water. Apply on face and leave on for 15 minutes. This tonic improves a dull and greasy complexion.
* Cleansing lotion - To one-fourth teaspoon of lime juice stir in one teaspoon each of milk and cucumber juice. Apply on the face and neck and wash off after 14 minutes. This lotion cleanses and purifies the pores of the skin.
* Cabbage mask - Grind a couple of cabbage leaves and extract juice. Dissolve one-fourth teaspoon of yeast in it and stir in one teaspoon of honey. Mix well and apply thickly over face and neck. Remove with cotton-wool soaked in water 15 minutes after application. This mask will Counteract any tendency towards wrinkles and dry ness and give your skin a flower-like bloom.
* Orange tonic - Blanch and grind a couple of almonds to a paste and mix in two tablespoons of milk and one tablespoon each of carrot and orange juice. Apply thickly on face and neck and leave on for half an hour. Removes scars and blemishes from the face and makes it soft and smooth.
* Tomato lotion - To one tablespoon of tomato juice add a couple of drops of lime juice. Apply on face and remove after 15 minutes. It is very effective for shrinking enlarged pores.
* Watermelon lotion - Grate and squeeze out juice from a small piece of watermelon. Apply on face and neck and leave on for 15 minutes. This lotion freshens up the skin.
* Whitening lotion - To one tablespoon of cucumber juice stir in a few drops of lime juice and a dash of turmeric powder. Apply on face and neck and wash off after half an hour. Makes an excellent whitener for all types of skins.
* Potato tonic - Grind and squeeze juice of potatoes. Apply on face and neck and leave on whole night. Next morning, wash with water to which a little witch hazel has been added. This tonic whitens and brightens the skin.
* Carrot lotion - To one-fourth teaspoon of carrot juice add one teaspoon of melted honey. Remove with cotton wool soaked in water to which a little soda bicarbonate has been added after 15 minutes. It removes roughness from the skin and makes it smooth as silk.
* Tomato tonic - To two teaspoons of tomato juice add four tablespoons of buttermilk. Remove after half an hour. It is excellent for removing sunburns
* Cucumber lotion - One tablespoon each of cucumber juice and milk and a few drops of rose water should be mixed together and applied on the face and neck and removed after 15 minutes. Makes excellent whitener for delicate skins.
* Grape lotion - One tablespoon grape juice should be applied on the face and neck and left on for 15 minutes. Makes the skin soft and smooth, bright and fair.
* Papaya cream - Apply one tablespoon finely ground raw papaya to the face and leave on for 15 minutes. Removes pimples and other embarrassing blemishes.
* Apple tonic - Mix one tablespoon of apple juice with one-fourth teaspoon of lime juice. Leave on for 20 minutes. Makes excellent tonic for combating greasiness.
* Coconut lotion - Water of coconut, if rubbed on the skin and left on for 15 minutes, lightens and brightens the skin.